Manager, Customer Delivery
Melbourne Airport, VIC
Creating fresh award-winning meals and delivering outstanding service, dnata catering is Australia’s largest inflight catering company.
With a geographically diverse footprint, the company employs over 3,000 people across 11 cities, produces over 25 million meals and services over 250 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, dnata catering is more than an inflight caterer, managing buy-on-board catering programs, providing inflight retail solutions and operating airport lounges.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports.
Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,800 flights, carries over 8,450 tonnes of cargo, assists over 243,000 passengers, books over 21,000 hotel stays and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
This position is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the dnata catering customer service delivery strategy and all operations from the catering centre to the terminals. A highly visible leadership role, you will lead multiple teams of technical blue collar operational staff in an industrial environment as well being responsible for the optimisation and integration of an end-to-end catering delivery service.
You will be responsible for the achievement of safety and protection of employees, HV vehicles and catering equipment involved in the loading, transport, delivery and returns. You will also be responsible for leading, implementing and supporting transformation initiatives to contribute to sustainable cost reduction and service improvements, driving a culture of continuous improvement and managing change within the Customer Delivery department. You will have a direct impact on ensuring our flights can depart to specification and on time.
- Providing visible leadership and achieve effective workplace relationships that are consistent with company values
- Managing the financial performance of the Customer Delivery function, monitoring performance and addressing failure to meet targets
- Leading and implementing business improvement, transformational and change initiatives
- Driving operational excellence, efficiency, department compliance and adherence to safety, health, environmental and group policies and procedures at all times
- Departmental compliance with HACCP and ISO requirements including the ongoing management of an audit program
- Driving collaboration through systems and processes with internal and external customers to avert delays and ensuring service level agreements are met
- Ensuring labour hours and material costs are managed to budget.
- Tertiary qualifications in a business or management discipline
- Significant leadership and management experience in a complex organisation
- Proven experience in a transport, logistics, operational, manufacturing or similar environment
- Experience with customer service, inventory control and management systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A commitment to customer service excellence and continuous improvement
- Previous success achieving KPI targets and adherence to safety, health, environmental requirements
- Ability to build constructive and effective working relationships in formal and informal networks with internal and external customers
- Understanding the importance of playing a key role in change management
- A positive attitude with an approachable management style comprising integrity and authenticity
- Ability to energise and align team members to a shared vision, inspiring a climate of high performance
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and act on initiative.
We’ve worked hard to create a culture that will challenge and excite you – and give you the support you need to really go places. Here, everyone’s treated with the respect they deserve. And everyone has the potential to make the most of their skills.
To apply for this rare opportunity, apply via: https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/homePlease be sure to include a covering letter addressing the key criteria set out in the job details shown here as the first page of your resume.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: