Senior Project Manager, Regional Rail Revival (pse)
Rail Projects Victoria
Rail Projects Victoria (RPV) is the Victorian Government body responsible for the delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project, Regional Rail Revival, the high speed rail link between Geelong and Melbourne and the future Melbourne Airport Link. RPV is responsible for all aspects of the projects including planning and development of a project reference design, site investigations, stakeholder engagement, planning approvals and procurement, through to construction delivery and project commissioning. This role is to support the Regional Rail Revival Program team.
About the opportunity
The Senior Project Manager will lead the planning and development of the Regional Rail Revival Projects within a major complex transport infrastructure program by means of developing and overseeing project development and delivery activities, assisting with strategic direction and cultivating effective and collaborative stakeholder relationships. The ability to build and maintain high-level influential relationships across a broad range of stakeholders is fundamental to the success of this role.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for project activities including project design and development, procurement, constructability and delivery planning, staging and commissioning. Key outcomes include the development of infrastructure solutions that deliver the required operational efficiently within the designated budget, quality and time allowances. The role will lead a team of engineers and project managers, providing high quality people management and supporting ongoing capability development.
For more information please find the attached position description.
To be successful in obtaining this role you will have experience across:
- Extensive experience and proven expertise in project management of major brownfield rail infrastructure projects, with complex commercial responsibilities, multiple stakeholders and significant risk management experience.
- Experience in the development, procurement, delivery and commissioning phases of rail projects.
- Sound knowledge of the Melbourne rail network and the commercial structure and responsibilities of the various organisations involved in the operations, maintenance and network planning.
Why join us?
- An emphasis on work / life balance
- High-performing team environment
- Equal opportunity employer
- Personal & Professional development opportunities
- Committed to safety & wellbeing
- Training & development opportunities
How to apply
Please include a Cover Letter, CV and response to Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description attached. We want to know why you want to work at RPV, why you are interested in the role, and, taking into account the Key Selection Criteria as a whole, how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Becky Fry on (03) 9655 6086
Applications close 11.59 pm - Sunday the 27 January 2019
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: