Melbourne Airport, VIC
Creating fresh award-winning meals and delivering outstanding service, dnata catering is Australia’s largest inflight catering company.
With a geographically diverse footprint, the company employs over 3,000 people across 11 cities, produces over 25 million meals and services over 250 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, dnata catering is more than an inflight caterer, managing buy-on-board catering programs, providing inflight retail solutions and operating airport lounges.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports.
Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,800 flights, carries over 8,450 tonnes of cargo, assists over 243,000 passengers, books over 21,000 hotel stays and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Full-Time 1st Year Apprenticeship - Certificate III in Retail Baking (Combined) to join our successful dnata catering Team in our Melbourne Bakery.As an Apprentice and a valued member with dnata catering you will receive:
- Concise training from our talented and supportive Bakery and Pastry Chefs
- Uniform & Tools will be provided
- Award wages and on-the-job training
- The ability to take part in Apprentice Pastry and Bakery Competitions and develop a long-term career in In-flight Catering and Commercial Baking.
- A passion and interest in Pastry and Bakery in the in-flight catering industry and a desire to turn your passion into a career
- Superior presentation with a positive attitude and a strong ethic and communication skills
- Enthusiastic team member with a “can do” attitude
- Reliability and Punctuality
- Have the ability and means of transport to get to the workplace and TAFE during the hours required
- A desire to learn and willingness to work hard
- An acceptance of flexible working hours and the ability to work a rotating roster if required
- A friendly personality and the enjoyment of working within teams
- A general understanding of the In-flight Catering Industry and Apprenticeships
- Obtain a certificate I or II in Hospitality would be considered an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity
If you would like to apply for this role, please apply via https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
Please be sure to include a covering letter addressing the key criteria set out in the Job Advertisement shown here as the first page of your resume.
We welcome applications from candidates across all states. The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: