Local Buy-in Co-ordinator
- Challenging and Rewarding role
- A role that enables cross-functional collaboration and learning
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the business trade
- Showcase your initiative and develop your skills
The Workwear Group brings together the very best of the International workwear industry into a single, focused business. We’ve united iconic industrial and corporate wear brands that have been clothing workers for most of the past century: King Gee, Hard Yakka, and NNT. We are striving to become the market leader, sending over one million garments to more than 30 countries across Asia, Europe, the Pacific and The Middle East. The Workwear Group is a part of Wesfarmers Industrial Division(WID). WID is the leading provider of industrial and safety products and services in Australia and New Zealand.
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and analytical Local Buy-In Co-ordinator to join our Direct Planning Team. The role focusses on the raising and co-ordinating of buy-in purchase orders from local (Australian) suppliers, through to our warehouse. This is achieved while also managing the relationship with these local suppliers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Place, expedite, delay and cancel purchase orders in line with forecast needs with the objective of delivering the most cost effective buy-in inventory cover to meet sales demand and customer expectations
- Work closely with warehouse team, sourcing team and local suppliers to resolve supply and delivery issues such as, over/under supply, incorrect product and invoice discrepancies.
- Liaise with local suppliers to ensure best ex-factory dates achieved to meet customer needs
- Work with downstream teams eg. Melbourne Airport warehouse to ensure focus on PO status and timely delivery for customer
- Share PO status and any impact to sales highlighting actions taken to be on track to achieve results
- Data entry functions that includes raising, VA planning orders, name badge orders and inter warehouse transfers (IWT’s) with Planner approval
To be successful you will possess the following attributes:
- Experience in administration, supply chain, planning support or product allocations would be advantageous
- A background within the Apparel manufacturing or the retail industry; desired but not essential
- Highly organized individual
- Process and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal aptitude and confident communicator
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Results driven
If the role offers the challenge you are seeking and you believe you have the skills and experience we seek, we look forward to hearing from you. In return we as an employer offer a range of employee benefits including; a competitive salary, a wide range of employee discounts and a safe, clean and supportive working environment.
WIS promotes and adheres to the principles and practices of diversity
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: