Senior Catering Attendant
Melbourne Airport, VIC
Creating fresh award-winning meals and delivering outstanding service, dnata catering is Australia’s largest inflight catering company.
With a geographically diverse footprint, the company employs over 3,000 people across 11 cities, produces over 25 million meals and services over 250 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, dnata catering is more than an inflight caterer, managing buy-on-board catering programs, providing inflight retail solutions and operating airport lounges.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports.
Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,800 flights, carries over 8,450 tonnes of cargo, assists over 243,000 passengers, books over 21,000 hotel stays and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
Our busy Melbourne kitchen is looking for motivated and driven Senior Catering Attendant to join their team on full-time basis.
You will be provided with:
- Competitive Remuneration
- Career Advancement
- A supportive and friendly team environment
- Ongoing Training and Development
- Other Company Benefits and Incentives
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Food meal plating, tray set and packing of food carts
- Ensure that presentation / weight specifications are adhered to
- Strictly follow menu specifications and comply with Food Safety / HACCP guidelines
- Ensure that cleaning schedules are followed and adhered to, maintaining a high standard of hygiene at all times
- Communicate with all stakeholders to ensure that time lines are met
- Maintain flexibility in regards to working hours including weekends
- Participate in Food Safety training
- Understand and comply with internal policies and procedures
- Move and lift items manually
- Prolonged periods of standing
- Assist with and/or perform raw material preparation and cooking
- Perform tasks such as baking, grilling, oven and stove-top cooking
- Skilled use of knives and machinery
- Proficient in all airline equipment requirements, stowage and food presentations
- Work in other areas of the unit for part or whole shift basis to meet operational demands
- Flexible availability to work a variety of shifts across a 7 day week on a full-time basis
- Experience of working in a food environment
- Basic knife skills
- Fine motor skills
- Access to own transport
- Strong numerical skills
- Sound knowledge of WHS & hygiene
- HACCP experience
- Impeccable presentation and grooming
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy open plan kitchen
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
This is an excellent opportunity. An attractive and rewarding competitive remuneration is available to attract the highest calibre of person. Please be sure to include a covering letter addressing the key criteria set out in the job details shown here as the first page of your resume.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: