Transport & Logistics Manager
Melbourne Airport, VIC
Creating fresh award-winning meals and delivering outstanding service, dnata catering is Australia’s largest inflight catering company.
With a geographically diverse footprint, the company employs over 3,000 people across 11 cities, produces over 25 million meals and services over 250 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, dnata catering is more than an inflight caterer, managing buy-on-board catering programs, providing inflight retail solutions and operating airport lounges.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports.
Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,800 flights, carries over 8,450 tonnes of cargo, assists over 243,000 passengers, books over 21,000 hotel stays and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
Due to further internal growth we a currently seeking a Transport & Logistics Manager to lead from the front. Utilising your interpersonal skills you will successfully lead multiple teams of operational staff based at our Melbourne Airport location.
You will lead, implement and support transformation initiatives to contribute to sustainable cost reduction and service improvements. As the face of the team, you will promote a culture of continuous improvement and manage change within the Customer Delivery department. You will have a direct impact on ensuring our flights can depart to specification and on time.
- Lead and manage all aspects of the dnata catering customer service delivery strategy and all operations from the catering centre to the terminals
- Responsible for the optimisation and integration of an end-to-end catering delivery service
- Manage the financial performance of the Customer Delivery function
- You will be responsible for the achievement of safety and protection of employees, HV vehicles and catering equipment involved in the loading, transport, delivery and returns
- Proven experience in a transport, logistics, operational, manufacturing or similar environment
- Significant leadership and management experience (most recent) in a complex organisation with a shown understanding of playing a key role in change management
- Experience with customer service, inventory control and management systems
- Previous success achieving KPI targets and adherence to safety, health, environmental requirements
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and act on initiative
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply using the link below. Be sure to include a covering letter addressing the key criteria as the first page of your resume.
This position will allow a driven individual the opportunity to build a new team environment. You’ll be rewarded with a chance to join a reputable company and be a part of their immediate growth.
We thank you for applying for this role, only successful candidates will be contacted. No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: