Chef (Japanese Cuisine)
Creating fresh award-winning meals and delivering outstanding service, dnata catering is Australia’s largest inflight catering company.
With a geographically diverse footprint, the company employs over 3,000 people across 11 cities, produces over 25 million meals and services over 250 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, dnata catering is more than an inflight caterer, managing buy-on-board catering programs, providing inflight retail solutions and operating airport lounges.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports.
Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,800 flights, carries over 8,450 tonnes of cargo, assists over 243,000 passengers, books over 21,000 hotel stays and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Japanese Chef specializing in traditional Japanese Cuisine to join our busy kitchen in Melbourne.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Dealing directly with the Japanese Airline Customer
- Preparation of traditional Japanese cuisine (commercial quantities)
- Monitor and ensure compliance with airline recipe specifications
- Stock control and minimize food wastage
- Cleaning and maintaining a hygienic work environment at all times
- Strictly follow menu specifications as well as food safety / HACCP policies and QSAI procedures
- Demonstrate flexibility in regards to working on a 7 day roster including weekends and public holidays
- At least 5 years proven experience in either an authentic Japanese restaurant or production based facility
- Relevant formal qualifications
- Kaiseki experience is an advantage
- Customer Service Experience in dealing directly with Customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knife skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Motivated and efficient
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy open plan kitchen
- Clear understanding of HACCP policies and QSAI procedures
- Previous experience in a commercial kitchen environment preferred
- References required
You will be provided with:
- Base salary of $60,000 per annum
- Career Advancement
- A supportive and friendly team environment
- Ongoing Training and Development
- Other Company Benefits and Incentives
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: