Creating fresh award-winning meals and delivering outstanding service, dnata catering is Australia’s largest inflight catering company.
With a geographically diverse footprint, the company employs over 3,000 people across 11 cities, produces over 25 million meals and services over 250 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, dnata catering is more than an inflight caterer, managing buy-on-board catering programs, providing inflight retail solutions and operating airport lounges.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports.
Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,800 flights, carries over 8,450 tonnes of cargo, assists over 243,000 passengers, books over 21,000 hotel stays and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
We are currently seeking an experienced Business Manager to lead our dCAT catering unit located in Melbourne, Victoria on a Full Time basis. As a senior leader reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for collaboratively delivering high-quality solutions and results. You will be accountable for the efficient operation of the Unit, optimising resources, minimising costs, whilst maintaining safety, quality and customers service standards.
Specific accountabilities, will include but will not be limited to:
- Designs and implements strategies, guidelines and procedures for business unit/s to meet strategic business objectives
- Develops, implements, and monitors all logistics management activities required for the timely and efficient transportation and warehousing of assets, materials and products
- Develops plans for business unit/s that integrate sales forecasts, operational and business activities to ensure alignment with business priorities
- Manages relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure relationship and contractual obligations are met
- Leads and fosters a customer service culture ensuring that all team members deliver high quality customer service
- Manages and closely collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure needs are understood and incorporated into finance planning
- Provides coaching and mentoring to the team to ensure their growth, development and performance
Qualifications and Experience
- Management experience in an operational environment with significant people management responsibility
- Demonstrated people and leadership skills including employee development, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Experience in working with unionized environment
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service excellence and continuous improvement philosophy
- Commercially focused with the ability to correctly assess the impact of decisions on business outcomes
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Proven track record of achieving KPI targets
- Proven record of successfully managing change and implementing continuous improvement activities
- Demonstrated commitment to managing a safe workplace
- Ability to ensure implementation of Corporate processes to ensure Airport compliance
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Experience in implementing Lean desirable
- Tertiary qualifications in a commerce related discipline, engineering or supply chain & logistics desirable
- Working knowledge of industrial relations practice and human resources policies and procedures desirable
- Working knowledge of Aviation Legislation requirements desirable
If you would like to apply for this role please apply via: https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.