Australia’s largest inflight caterer, we are chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh award-winning meals and outstanding service.
With a geographically diverse footprint, we employ over 4,000 people across 9 cities, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline and non-airline markets.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 270 airline customers around the world.
We are currently looking for qualified full-time and casual Chefs to join our busy dC catering unit in Melbourne.
- Preparation of hot and cold foods (commercial quantities)
- Stock control and minimize food wastage
- Cleaning and maintaining a hygienic work environment at all times
- Strictly follow menu specifications as well as food safety / HACCP policies and QSAI procedures
- Demonstrate flexibility in regards to working around busy flight schedules
- Trade qualified Chef with at least 2 years proven experience in a high volume food production environment
- To be available to work around flight schedules
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good knife skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Motivated and efficient
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy open plan kitchen
- Clear understanding of HACCP/Food Safety/QSAI and WHS procedures
- Previous experience in a commercial kitchen environment preferred
- References required
- Applicants will be required to provide a police background check at their own cost before employment
You will be provided with:
- Competitive Remuneration
- Career Advancement
- A supportive and friendly team environment
- Ongoing Training and Development
- Other Company Benefits and Incentives
If you would like to apply for this role please apply via https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
Please include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria as the first page of your resume.
We welcome applications from candidates across all states. The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.