About Rail Projects Victoria
Rail Projects Victoria (RPV) is the Victorian Government body responsible for the delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project, Regional Rail Revival, the high speed rail link between Geelong and Melbourne and the future Melbourne Airport Link.
RPV is responsible for all aspects of the projects including planning and development of a project reference design, site investigations, stakeholder engagement, planning approvals and procurement, through to construction delivery and project commissioning.
About the opportunity
The Principal Project Specialist- Operational Readiness will provide senior leadership and specialist guidance to ensure detailed operations and maintenance (O&M) activities are planned, integrated and implemented with sufficient lead in time in advance of Day 1 Operations of the Metro Tunnel Project (MTP). This role is accountable for working with various RPV teams, the current Accredited Rail Transport Operator (MTM), Cross Yarra Partnerships (CYP), the consortium appointed to deliver the Tunnels and Stations (T&S) package, Rail Systems Alliance who are delivering the conventional signalling, high capacity signalling, train and power control systems and operational control systems and the Rail Infrastructure Alliance who are delivering the eastern and western portals including cut and cover tunnelling, decline structures, turnbacks and local reconfiguration and realignment of existing lines. The role will also support a clear and consistent framework of progress, assurance and system integration.
To be successful in obtaining this role you will have experience across:
- Providing overall leadership and management for Day 1 Operations for the Metro Tunnel Project (MTP) with a focus on detailed and coordinated planning, programming and integration.
- Work closely with, and establish and lead a dedicated team with all the MTP packages, MTM (ARTO) and other Stakeholders such as PTV and VicTrack to develop and implement a detailed and coordinated plan, program and approach for the MTP Day 1 operational readiness activities.
- Lead the development of a robust reporting process and suite of coordinated reporting tools for reporting any actual or forecast delays to MTP Day 1 Operations, along with proposed strategies and actions to mitigate any delays or take advantage of any time saving opportunities.
- Provide specialist insight and expert knowledge in the review and making of recommendations for improvement of utilisation of O&M contractor resources, facilities and rosters considering new and existing rules, operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Lead the review and assessment of operational related matters within the detailed O&M documentation and plans including the management of stations during events, degraded mode of operations, shutdowns/occupations, incidents and emergencies.
Please see position description for full list of Key Accountabilities.
Why join us?
- An emphasis on work / life balance
- High-performing team environment
- Equal opportunity employer
- Personal & Professional development opportunities
- Committed to safety & wellbeing
- Training & development opportunities
How to apply
Please include a Cover Letter, CV and response to Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description attached. We want to know why you want to work at RPV, why you are interested in the role, and, taking into account the Key Selection Criteria as a whole, how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Julia Grbac, Senior HR Advisor on (03) 9027 5796
Applications close 11.59 pm - Sunday February 3 2019